Automatic Wallpaper Changer
Automatic Wallpaper Changer 4.7.53
AWC is designed to be a one stop shop for displaying images as your desktop wallpaper. You can simply display your photos on your desktop or create spectacular wallpapers by merging your images with the background of your choice using powerful alpha-blended fades.
AWC’s timer automatically changes the desktop to display your pictures in the way that you want to see them. You can either select one or more directories containing picture files and allow AWC will create a list of all the images contained in them, randomly select one and format it using a combination of the many available options or you can pick your files individually and display them in your preferred order.
The displayed image can be resized for the best fit to the screen, optionally maintaining its aspect ratio, or displayed at its actual size. There is a number of resizing methods available so you can choose the one the gives the best quality and performance for your system.
You aren’t limited to the centre of the screen when displaying a picture, as is usually the case in windows, but can choose to display the picture in any of the four corners of the screen or centred on one of the edges. Additionally you can specify that images should always be tiled: again you can specify how the tiles are laid out on the screen rather than simply going from the top left.
The real power of AWC lies in the fact that there are lots of options for tweaking the picture to ensure that you get the best possible result on your system. Just open the Preferences screen from the File menu and you can set exactly how you want your wallpaper to appear.
• Select files from multiple directories and their subdirectories if required
• Multiple resizing options: Full Screen, Best Fit and Worst Fit Examples
• When resizing you can pick the method that gives your pictures the best result (Catmull-Rom and Lanczos supported)
• Alpha blended fade effects for seamless merging of the wallpaper and background. Examples
• Put a decorative frame around the image Examples
• Multi-monitor systems can display the image properly resized on all monitors or display a different image on each monitor
• Put a background image onto the screen before displaying the wallpaper on top of it Examples
• Save you current preferences to a file as a theme to be reloaded later
• Enhance brightness, contrast and gamma correction independently from your monitor settings
• Change wallpaper at user defined intervals or once at startup
• The AWC screen saver shows your wallpapers in all their glory by removing the windows and icons
• Apply various graphic effects when displaying such as invert and emboss
• Use hotkeys to change the desktop on demand
• Automatically check your image directories to see if any new files have been downloaded and add them to the display list
• Ensure that each image in the list is displayed only once, even across Windows sessions
• Virtually unlimited number of images can be displayed
• Use EXIF orientation flag in photographs to automatically rotate images
• Display the file name on the image
• Filter the files to display by age, date and minimum size
• Multiple tiling options Examples
• Image formats supported are BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, RLE.
4.7.50 – February 25, 2010
• Filter by image dimensions added
• Filter by orientation added (e.g. portrait only)
• Ampersands in file names now display correctly
• Window focus issues when using tray icon fixed
• Main window is no longer hidden by default when minimised in Windows 7 so it complies with interface standard. Option added to preferences so that this behaviour can be forced.
• Task bar icon handling now Windows 7 compliant
• In File View AWC no longer displays a file not found image when asked to display files that have been deleted from the disk but are still in the file list
• In file view corrected logic when deleting a file in multimonitor mode so that the next file in the list in displayed rather than the first one.
• You can now select Do not show me this message again option on some informational messages. Select Reset Hidden Prompt Message from View menu to turn them back on.
• Updated to FreeImage version 3.1.31 so that recent modifications to EXIF standard are supported
• JPG decoding enhanced for greater clarity
• You can cancel the filtering process by pressing key
• Fixed bug where dragging a shared folder from a remote computer did not add the folder to the list
• When deleting a file in folder mode AWC now selects a random file to replace it rather than always selecting the last file in the list
• Now accepts a theme (.SET) file as a command line argument. This means you can just drag and drop a theme onto your AWC shortcut or set up a simple file association.
OC: Windows All