AVG Rescue CD 2010
A powerful toolset for rescue & repair of infected machines.
The AVG Rescue CD is a powerful must-have toolkit for the rescue and repair of infected machines. It provides essential utilities for system administrators and other IT professionals and includes the following features:
* Comprehensive administration toolkit
* System recovery from virus and spyware infections
* Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
* Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick
* Free support and service for paid license holders of any AVG product
* Anti-virus: protection against viruses, worms and Trojans
* Anti-spyware: protection against spyware, adware and identity theft
* Administration toolkit: system recovery tools
The AVG Rescue CD is essentially a portable version of AVG Anti-Virus supplied through Linux distribution. It can be used in the form of a bootable CD or bootable USB flash drive to recover your computer when the system cannot be loaded normally, such as after an extensive or deep-rooted virus infection. In short, the AVG Rescue CD enables you to fully remove infections from an otherwise inoperable PC and render the system bootable again.
Apart from the usual AVG functions (malware detection and removal, updates from internet or external device, etc.), the AVG Rescue CD also contains the following set of administration tools:
* Midnight Commander - a two-panel file manager
* Windows Registry Editor– simple registry editor for more experienced users
* TestDisk - powerful hard drive recovery tool
* Ping - to test the availability of network resources (servers, domains, IP addresses)
* Common Linux programs and services– vi text editor, OpenSSH daemon, ntfsprogs etc.
Download Rescue CD (for CD creation)
Download Rescue CD (for USB stick)